On-Campus Orientation on August 29, 2022 to September 2, 2022
On Campus Orientation will commence from August 29, 2022 to September 2, 2022 (morning till evening). Parents and Students are scheduled to arrive on campus on Monday, August, 29,2022 between 7:30 am and 8:30 am. On the first day of on campus orientation you will be required to show the following documents at the main gate AND at the registration desk. These documents include conditional admissions offer, original CNIC or Passport and your Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.After your documents are verified at the main gate ,you will be directed towards the free parking. After that parents and students will be taken to different venues as listed below
- Students are taken to the registration desks where they receive their smartcard and orientation welcome packet
- Students who successfully get registered are taken for a campus tour in groups
- While students are registering, their parents will be directed towards their respective school’s welcome session. (Please note that students will not be attending the parent-focused session; you will have a separate session later on Monday. ) You can view more details in the Orientation Schedule here
Details for Registration Process for Late Arrivals
If you have missed Hostel Check on August 27/28 or On-Campus registration on August, 29 2022. You will need to take the following steps;
- For All Late-Comers (during office hours 9:00 am to 5:00 pm); bring your verification documents (CNIC, Conditional Admissions Offer Letter and Covid Vaccination Certificate) with you when you arrive on campus. After your documents have been verified, you will be directed towards OSA, where our office will issue you your smart card & welcome packet
- For Day Scholars; if you arrive after office hours (after 5:00 pm), you will be informed about the office timings and the OSA office location to visit the next working day
- For Resident Students; if you arrive during office hours (9:00 am - 5: 00 pm) you will be directed towards hostel check-in after verification of all your documents at OSA. If you arrive after hours (after 5:00 pm) you will be directed towards temporary accommodation until the next working day
- Please keep in touch with your PALs/student advising units as listed to your orientation website profiles to obtain any information about missed sessions and any other essential details. Please login to access your profiles here
For further information about the registration process for late arrivals please email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
Fall Semester 2022 Live Enrollment Phase II on Friday, September 02, 2022 (12:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
The Fall Semester 2022 Live Enrollment Phase II will be conducted on Friday, September 02, 2022 (12:00 PM – 4:00 PM). The Enrollment Phase II is an opportunity for students to register into their University Distribution (In-group/Out-group) and free elective courses. You will need to take the following steps;
- You will be able to add courses to your shopping cart from 12:00 PM till 2:29 PM on Friday, September 02, 2022. The enrollment appointment for Live Enrollment Phase II will commence at 2:30 PM on the same day and will end at 4:00 PM
- IST Computer Labs (1-4) have been reserved for the first year's Live Enrollment Phase II from 12:00 PM till 4:00 PM. Due to the limited seating capacity of computer labs, students are advised to bring their gadgets (laptops, mobiles, etc.) with them
- The Registrar’s Office staff members and School/department coordinators will be present in the computer labs to address the run-time queries
- You can view a detailed list of 100/200 level courses open to you in the email sent to you by the Registrar’s Office on your Official LUMS Outlook Email Account. You will be receiving all written communications on your campus email address from now on so please keep checking your inbox for important messages
- Please keep in touch with your PALs/student advising units as listed on your orientation website profiles to obtain any information about missed sessions and any other essential details. Please login to access your profiles here
Live Enrolment Taking Place for Schools on August 30, 2022
Self-Enrolment will be taking place on August 30, 2022 for the following schools. Login to the Orientation Website to access details for your school-specific venues for enrolment. Due to limited seating capacity in IST Labs, not all students can be accommodated at one time; please do bring your laptops on the day so you can successfully enrol into your courses.
- SBASSE - 10:00 am to 11:00 am
- MGSHSS - 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
- SAHSOL - 1:30 pm to 3:00 pm
Please note that students from SDSB only, will be automatically registered into their relevant courses and do not need to participate in this round of self-enrolment.
Hostel Check-in for First Years on August 27 or August 28, 2022
All students coming from outside of Lahore can check-in to their hostels on August 27 or August 28, 2022, between 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. Students and Parents will be asked to show the following documents at the main gate CNIC/Passport, Conditional Admissions Offer Letter and NADRA Vaccination Certificate. If these documents are verified, you will be directed towards the Medical Centre to get your vital signs assessed by our doctors.If you have no odd vitals and are cleared by the doctor, you will be given a stamped and signed slip with your student ID and name on it, which will clear you for Hostel Check In. Please note that if a student is Covid-19 positive, they will have to be declined entry into the hostel and will be asked to return home until they are clear.
After you receive your hostel check in, you will be directed towards the registration venues – directions are placed all around from the main gate entrance towards the medical centre and the designated parking spaces for male and female students near their registration camp (Parents are welcome to sit under the parent’s camps placed in front of registration camps).
Parents or guardians can accompany students inside the hostel; however, men (father/male guardian) cannot enter the female hostels and women (mothers/female guardians) cannot enter the male hostels. For any further queries, please email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID-19 Vaccine available on August 27, 28 and 29, 2022 in LUMS
To ensure all students in LUMS are vaccinated, LUMS is setting up a vaccination desk on August 27,28 and 29 from 10.30 am to 3.30 pm in the PDC Student Lounge (First floor). If you are unvaccinated make sure to visit the desk to get your first shot (depending on availability). If you are partially vaccinated and your next dose is due before August 29, then please do get your second vaccine administered before coming to campus OR you can visit the vaccination desk on arrival to receive the dose. Partially vaccinated students must bring their NADRA Vaccination Certificate for the dose they have received for verification purposes. It is mandatory for all students to be vaccinated, for any queries about vaccination exemption due to medical reasons please email the following address; email@example.com.
Mandatory COVID - Vaccination and Certificate for All Incoming Students
It will be mandatory for every student to upload their vaccination certificate online (the online system will be made available shortly, along with instructions). Students are also required to show their vaccination certificate upon arrival on campus. Students who cannot confirm their full vaccination status will not be able to attend Orientation or classes and will put their first-semester academics at serious risk. Therefore, students who are partially vaccinated should get their second dose immediately. Students who are not vaccinated should get a vaccine that provides full vaccination with a SINGLE DOSE immediately. This is necessary to ensure that your studies at LUMS are not put at risk due to your vaccination status.
Mandatory Online Sessions from August 22, 2022, till August 25, 2022
Mandatory Online Orientation Sessions will start from Monday August 22, 2022, and continue till August 25, 2022. You can attend these sessions from anywhere with internet access. Please note that these sessions are extremely important for your first semester and are not optional.